Income tax declaration for employed persons

Income tax from employed German taxpayers is withheld from their employer and directly paid by the employer to the tax office (wage tax; PAYE, pay as you earn) .

There are different ways how to minimize your tax bill:

  • You can either at the beginning reduce your wage tax withheld by applying for special allowances (e.g. allowance for children or high double household apartment costs) or
  • you can file a year end tax return claiming all business related costs back.

Cosmotax will help you to minimize your tax bill.